iZySolutions has known how to implement processes enabling know-how flow between its managing solutions teams, with the aim always to assure a good R&D management. This has been possible through the years thanks to Jordan Fontorbe, our R&D Manager, for who we dedicate this blog article. The aim is also to introduce you to our developments methods, processes and our future 🙂
Jordan and iZySolutions: a long story
Jordan has been working for iZySolutions for 7 years. After an internship during his Computing Sciences Licence, Jordan is hired as part-time employee, which allows him to continue his studies and obtain his Computing Sciences Master.
In the same way as Apple or Google, Jordan has begun his work in Julien’s garage, the current General Manager of iZySolutions company. “When I began at iZySolutions, there were 2 of us in Orléans. Nowadays there are 20 of us, without counting the employees in Laval (France), Porto (Portugal) and in Bucharest (Romania) sites!”.
Jordan’s R&D management missions
As the R&D manager, Jordan has several missions:
- Manage the IT staff from a client order/intern demand to the delivery
- Choose the technologies to work with depending the projetcts, among others Microsoft technologies as C# or .net
- Opt for dedicated servers for implementation of clients solutions environment
- Handle the schedules using the Agile method (regular meetings, code reviews…)
- Deal with the consistency between all our developments, projects and solutions over time building up previous works
- Check that encoding and documents associated are well written so anyone can easily access to any project
- Put new collaborative tools in place to facilitate the team work, among others JIRA
What about R&D ?
For Jordan, be innovative means stay informed about last new technologies as .NET Core, test them and implement them in our projects if it is relevant for our clients and us.
Jordan has also begun to implement unit tests and tests automation processes to secure all the updates.
But his work doesn’t stop there! Jordan is working hard on iZySolutions knowledge management setting a knowledge base up regarding all our developments with the aim to make the knowledge preservation and sharing easier over time. In other words, Jordan’s mission allows to make iZySolutions company durable!
Finally, Jordan also works on IoT (internet of things) and is studying new solutions focused on the final users of our solutions but it’s a little be soon to reveal you everything 😉
Jordan in real life
Jordan loves tennis and we can say that he is “THE gourmet” of iZySolutions team. If you need a good restaurant address in Orléans, make sure that Jordan could help you!
Learn more about Jordan on his LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jordan-fontorbe-142747137/